• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

iCloud (and other stuff) has wrong vendor?

Started by JC-WH, August 30, 2017, 12:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC-WH

In trying to set up updates for iCloud, I wasn't able to find it at first in SCUP.  It's not under Apple, it's actually under PatchMyPC/SCUP Updates along with a ton of other products that we're not actually pushing updates for, currently.
I can publish the iCloud stuff successfully, but to get Config Manager to see it, we had to enable the PatchMyPC/SCUP Updates category for syncing, and the synced updates show an "Affected products" value of "SCUP Updates," and a vendor of PatchMyPC.

Short of messing with the cab file before every time we import it, is there any way to get this to show up:

• In the Apple folder in SCUP
  • With the correct vendor
  • As its own product

...or am I missing something?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi There,

WSUS has a limitation of supporting only 100 unique vendors and product combinations for third-party updates. This is why you will find many products listed on the Vendor "Patch My PC" and the product "SCUP Updates".

Quote from: JC-WH on August 30, 2017, 12:19:38 PM
In trying to set up updates for iCloud, I wasn't able to find it at first in SCUP.  It's not under Apple, it's actually under PatchMyPC/SCUP Updates along with a ton of other products that we're not actually pushing updates for, currently.
I can publish the iCloud stuff successfully, but to get Config Manager to see it, we had to enable the PatchMyPC/SCUP Updates category for syncing, and the synced updates show an "Affected products" value of "SCUP Updates," and a vendor of PatchMyPC.

Short of messing with the cab file before every time we import it, is there any way to get this to show up:

• In the Apple folder in SCUP
  • With the correct vendor
  • As its own product

...or am I missing something?

JC-WH

Ahhh, never knew that.  Thanks for the clarification!

Since QuickTime for Windows is essentially a dead product at this point, any chance of getting it dropped from the Apple vendor and iCloud in there? Or can it not exist under both vendors, meaning taking it out of the PatchMyPC vendor and breaking everyone's existing ADRs?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We may expire quicktime soon since it has been end of life for some time now. We likely won't be able to add another product under Apple for iCloud though since many users will already have Quicktime published. We will have a post out soon with more details about this as well as listing all products under the "Patch My PC" Vendor.

Quote from: JC-WH on August 30, 2017, 01:17:05 PM
Ahhh, never knew that.  Thanks for the clarification!

Since QuickTime for Windows is essentially a dead product at this point, any chance of getting it dropped from the Apple vendor and iCloud in there? Or can it not exist under both vendors, meaning taking it out of the PatchMyPC vendor and breaking everyone's existing ADRs?

Babongza

You make me more knowledgeable. I like all of you very much