• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Greenshot v1.2.4 - Installation Error

Started by pmerigot, January 12, 2015, 09:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmerigot

Hi all,

During my test with the new version of Greenshot 1.2.4.10, I encountered a little issue during the installation process.
To resume, if Greenshot is actually running on the machine even if the user don't use it, the update process will fail (Error: Installation job encountered some failures. Error = 0x80240022.)

If I completely close Greenshot, update will be ok.

Do you have a solution or a workaround for this problem ?

Thanks.

Philippe

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi Philippe,

This is the way their installer handles the install. If it's running it will fail, it's by design for their installer. We choose not to offer any wrappers to kill the process since it could cause lose of data. Right now it will retry based on the update re-evaluation cycle and install if it's not running.

Thanks

pmerigot

Hi,

I know it's an old thread but I encountered a new time some problem with greenshot.
The more time passes and more I switch update application from SCUP/Patch My PC to Software catalog deployment (Mandatory).
Not really cool as we bought Patch My PC to do this with a really flexible process.

You've created a great wrapper for Java update which kill a lot of process and this is working very well.
For me, this is the same thing for Greenshot. So why don't you give us the possibility to use/or not this sort of wrapper ?

We know it could cause lost of data and we take the responsability of that. We're responsible of all our deployments we create.

So bad idea I have or do you think it could be an evolution ?

Thanks

Philippe

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We will look into this option for a future update.