• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hey PaulKlerkx,

The Disable Self-Updater option only works for software that allow the configuration of the software updates check by setting an argument or a registry entry.

Handbrake, Keepass and Audacity don't. If you right-click on them in the Patch My PC Publisher, you'll find that Disable Self-Updater option is greyed out.
As I mentioned, this is due to these installers not supporting configuration of the self updater via command line or registry.
As an example, to disable the automatic check for updates for Audacity, you will have to update a Config file in the USER %appData% folder. More details here.
ConfigMgr / Intune will install the software as the SYSTEM account. To update files for the other user profiles you will have to use a custom script.

This should not apply to Google Chrome, however.
To troubleshoot this, we will need more details.
Are you deploying Google Chrome from ConfigMgr or Intune?
Are you deploying it as an Application or as an Update?
We also need some logs from the client side: Collecting Log Files to Send to Support for ConfigMgr and Intune
Once you have the logs, please open a support case.
Learn about Frontier Airlines LGA Terminal details, such as check-in processes, facilities, and services for a hassle-free journey. Discover how Frontier operates at LaGuardia Airport, from baggage claim to boarding gates, to help you plan your trip. To make your travel easier, find out about terminal amenities, parking alternatives, and transportation. Get advice on how to make the most of your time before departure and navigate the Frontier Airlines LGA Terminal effectively.
same for handbrake on first run.  "would you like to allow handbrake to automatically check for updates"
Keepass also gives a "enable automatic update check" message when starting it for the first time. 
side note, I've just gone into "help - about" in google chrome after a fresh install of V124.0.6367.61 and it has done a self-update too. 
Hi, we have "Disable self-updater" set at "All Products" level, however after installing Audacity 3.5.0, it prompts that "Audacity 3.5.1 Alpha is available with an "install update" button.  Is this expected behaviour, or is there something I have missed to stop this popup?
Hi!

Is there a smooth way to include WSL2 and make sure that the user installing Docker Desktop becomes a member of the local Docker-Users group when installing Docker Desktop from software center?

I've tried adding a postscript that runs "wsl --update" but that does not seem to do the trick.
Hey @PaulKlerkx

Yes, that is mostly correct.

The only amendment is that one you create the dependency in ConfigMgr, Provided you have the Publishers default to update existing ConfigMgr apps in place, we will retain that dependency going forward.

https://docs.patchmypc.com/installation-guides/configmgr/configuration-manger-apps#:~:text=This%20will%20load%20the%20options%20panel%20in%20the%20Publisher.

Here you will see "When a new application update is available" - This would need to be set as default.