• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hi,
I was wondering how these actions are performed when calling for RemoveMSIApplication in PADT.
Reason I ask, is that I'm trying to change the value returned as LastUsedSource to point it to a different location.
Thanks in advance!
Br
Samuel
Over the years, we diversified our offerings and expanded our reach to cater to the changing needs and preferences of our customers. Today, we are proud to be one of the most recognized and respected brands in the industry, with a wide range of products and services that enhance the spiritual experience of our customers.Best camphor suppliers in hyderabad
The author explores the fallacy of free market economics in part five of their series. They highlight how economists transformed economics from philosophy to a "science" by relying on assumptions about human nature. These assumptions include the ability to consistently prioritize goods, the belief that more is always better, and the idea that humans are inherently rational actors. These beliefs form the foundation of neoclassical economic theory, which asserts that pursuing self-interest leads to maximum societal happiness.

However, this theory only works in perfect markets where supply equals demand. The goal is a harmonious balance between human desires and the ability to satisfy them. Economists argue that interfering with these natural laws through political intervention would disrupt societal prosperity. They liken such interference to Dr. Moreau's unnatural experiments in H.G. Wells's novel, suggesting it would lead to disaster.

By drawing on both empirical analysis and philosophical roots, economists justify the autonomy of market forces. They assert that economic laws are natural and superior to artificial political laws. The author questions this logic, suggesting that such beliefs overlook the complexities and nuances of real-world economic systems.
Hey PaulKlerkx,

The Disable Self-Updater option only works for software that allow the configuration of the software updates check by setting an argument or a registry entry.

Handbrake, Keepass and Audacity don't. If you right-click on them in the Patch My PC Publisher, you'll find that Disable Self-Updater option is greyed out.
As I mentioned, this is due to these installers not supporting configuration of the self updater via command line or registry.
As an example, to disable the automatic check for updates for Audacity, you will have to update a Config file in the USER %appData% folder. More details here.
ConfigMgr / Intune will install the software as the SYSTEM account. To update files for the other user profiles you will have to use a custom script.

This should not apply to Google Chrome, however.
To troubleshoot this, we will need more details.
Are you deploying Google Chrome from ConfigMgr or Intune?
Are you deploying it as an Application or as an Update?
We also need some logs from the client side: Collecting Log Files to Send to Support for ConfigMgr and Intune
Once you have the logs, please open a support case.
Learn about Frontier Airlines LGA Terminal details, such as check-in processes, facilities, and services for a hassle-free journey. Discover how Frontier operates at LaGuardia Airport, from baggage claim to boarding gates, to help you plan your trip. To make your travel easier, find out about terminal amenities, parking alternatives, and transportation. Get advice on how to make the most of your time before departure and navigate the Frontier Airlines LGA Terminal effectively.
same for handbrake on first run.  "would you like to allow handbrake to automatically check for updates"
Keepass also gives a "enable automatic update check" message when starting it for the first time. 
side note, I've just gone into "help - about" in google chrome after a fresh install of V124.0.6367.61 and it has done a self-update too. 
Hi, we have "Disable self-updater" set at "All Products" level, however after installing Audacity 3.5.0, it prompts that "Audacity 3.5.1 Alpha is available with an "install update" button.  Is this expected behaviour, or is there something I have missed to stop this popup?