• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Citrix Receiver - Update closes open sessions

Started by jonlo, October 12, 2015, 02:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonlo

Hi,

I would like to have a wrapper for Citrix Receiver like the one for Java. Citrix Receiver update is closing all open citrix sessions and it would be great to check for any open sessions before upgrading.
Is this possible?

Thank you in advance,
JonL

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Does the install fail if it's open? We haven't has any issues in our testing with it running.

Quote from: jonlo on October 12, 2015, 02:13:44 AM
Hi,

I would like to have a wrapper for Citrix Receiver like the one for Java. Citrix Receiver update is closing all open citrix sessions and it would be great to check for any open sessions before upgrading.
Is this possible?

Thank you in advance,
JonL

jonlo

No, the installation is successful. But the users are disconnected to any open citrix sessions. I would like to either let the users being prompted about the upgrade or have the installation check for any open sessions before the installation proceeds.

JonL

Thanks for reporting prompting probably won't be an option since the install is running under the system account. What is the name of the process to know if a Citrix session is open?

Quote from: jonlo on October 13, 2015, 12:38:28 AM
No, the installation is successful. But the users are disconnected to any open citrix sessions. I would like to either let the users being prompted about the upgrade or have the installation check for any open sessions before the installation proceeds.

JonL

jonlo

The process running Citrix sessions is wfica32.exe.

JonL

We will keep this in-mind for a future catalog release and let you know if it's added.

eh3an2010

is running under the system account. What is the name of the process to know if a Citrix session is open?

quackpatch

+1 this request, handy feature for larger enterprises

This feature is available in our publishing service to close processes pre-install.

quackpatch

I think this is a little different in that the request is to skip the update if the wfica32.exe (user context) is detected. Would the option to "Skip update installation if conflicting processes are running" work in this case?