• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hi!

Is there a smooth way to include WSL2 and make sure that the user installing Docker Desktop becomes a member of the local Docker-Users group when installing Docker Desktop from software center?

I've tried adding a postscript that runs "wsl --update" but that does not seem to do the trick.
Hey @PaulKlerkx

Yes, that is mostly correct.

The only amendment is that one you create the dependency in ConfigMgr, Provided you have the Publishers default to update existing ConfigMgr apps in place, we will retain that dependency going forward.

https://docs.patchmypc.com/installation-guides/configmgr/configuration-manger-apps#:~:text=This%20will%20load%20the%20options%20panel%20in%20the%20Publisher.

Here you will see "When a new application update is available" - This would need to be set as default.
Report Bugs and Issues (Free Home Updater) / IrfanView 64
Last post by Beephe - April 23, 2024, 01:49:24 AM
After IrfanView 64 is installed (on Windows 10), it's not possible to configure the settings from the application.
Hey PaulKlerkx,

Software with special install behavior are documented in the Known Issues and Considerations when Using Patch My PC article.
Hi, is there a list anywhere of the gotcha's for each of the app's PMPC can create applications for?  We are still setting up and I am going through testing some of the application installs.  I found that Handbrake after installing doesn't work as it requires .Net desktop runtime be installed first.  It actually prompts the user to download it which isn't going to work so I need to add it as a dependency.  I have manually done that, but I figured maybe all these types of manual requirements, might be documented somewhere. Might save me some time with testing if I can do all the manual components before trying to test.   

Hard to read my own post :) Is this what you are saying the process would be?

- allow PMPC to create the applications,
 - in MCM configure the main app with the other apps as dependencies. 
 - each time PMPC creates a replacement application for one of the components, we need to go into MCM and update the dependencies of the main application
 - However if it is the main application, we need to start over with that application and set up all the dependencies again.

Does that sound about right?
Hi, we just use MCM for applications currently. (we have intune in place but currently only use it for the store apps (since store for business went offline))
I understand the concept of dependencies, but we script mostly because of the fact that dependencies are ignored during an uninstall.  This may just be a change of process I guess because prior to PMPC, to update, we completely removed an app and installed the new version but with PMPC doing updates automatically now, that isn't required. 

I need to retrain my brain :)

So basically, what you are saying is that we allow PMPC to create the applications, then in MCM we then set up the main app with the other apps as dependencies. 

Then each time PMPC creates a replacement application for one of the components, we then need to go into MCM and update the dependencies of the main application but if it is the main application, we need to start over with that application and set up all the dependencies again.  Does that sound about right?